PURPOSE OF POSITION
Packages filters in PVC wrap and may apply advertisement inserts using either an automatic sealer or a manual sealer.
· Order correct size of PVC per production schedule.
· Load rolls of PVC onto machine.
· Adjust machine to proper size.
· Check temperature of machine.
· Check insert for proper location.
· Put filters between sheets of PVC film.
· Seal film around filters and send through heat tunnel.
· Check to be sure quality meet specifications.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
· Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Must be able to read and understand instructions.
· Must have the ability to recognize correct inserts and frames.
· Must be able to recognize numbers.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reject filters if they do not meet specifications.
· Call Maintenance when machine service is needed.
· Must be sure all work is performed according to company safety procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· May be required to lift up to approximately 40 pounds.
· Must be able to stand at work station for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to have repetitive motion which would include bending, twisting and squatting.
· Must be able to use both hands and arms in repetitive motions.
· Must be able to work in a noisy and dusty manufacturing environment.
· Must work safely near a heat tunnel which operates near 325° F.
· Must be able to withstand both hot and cold atmosphere depending on weather conditions.
· Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain information needed to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.