PURPOSE OF POSITION
Works on an assembly line placing pieces of cut fiberglass in a chipboard frame as it passes down the line.
· Load cut pieces of fiberglass that came off the pad cutter into a chipboard frame as it passes down the line.
· Monitor fiberglass during assembly process to ensure cut size meets specifications. Inform Media cutter if any adjustments that need to be made.
· Assist in any and all changeovers on production schedule to minimize downtime.
· Maintain safety and housekeeping in the work area by cleaning, sweeping, dusting, removing trash, and put all supplies back in proper location.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
· Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reject fiberglass that does not meet company specifications. Inform media cutter.
· Responsible for keeping pace with the production line as it operates at different speeds.
· Inform supervisor of all service the line may need. When maintenance is required, the supervisor will call.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time at work station.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, and squat.
· Must be able to use both hands and arms in repetitive motion for long periods of time.
· Must have visual ability to detect defects in fiberglass.
· Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
· Must be able to withstand a noisy, dusty environment.
· Must adhere to all company safety policies.
· Must be able to work in both hot and cold atmosphere depending on weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.