PURPOSE OF POSITION
Dock Auditors are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the contents of each skid and total contents of the load just prior to loading onto a trailer.
· Verifies the contents of each skid.
· Verifies the total contents of each order.
· Completes all related shipping paperwork: Pick order; Copies of all pick orders from each skid; Trailer log sheet.
· Labels skids as specified by customer requirements as defined by the pick orders.
· LTL orders require measuring of all skids and recording the measurements on pick order.
· Assist pickers if time permits.
· Maintain clean work area and assist pickers in maintaining a clean Shipping Department.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
· Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Must be able to read and understand instructions.
· Must be able to effectively use tape measure.
· Must be organized and detail-oriented.
· Must have basic math skill set in order to keep track of total contents of each order.
· Must have the ability to work effectively in a group.
· Experienced forklift driver is a plus.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for informing picker and Shipping Supervisor (if required) on any discrepancies that are discovered on an order prior to loading onto trailer.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· May be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to noise, fumes and dust particles.
· Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain information needed to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.