After a conditional offer of employment is made; the Sheriff's Office will conduct a comprehensive background investigation. The investigation includes but is not limited to: employment history, reference checks, and criminal history.
All individuals who receive an offer of employment and will perform safety-sensitive functions will be tested for alcohol and drugs before starting work. A verified negative test result will be required. Applicants who are hired will be subject to random alcohol and drug testing and may be subject to post accident and reasonable suspicion alcohol and drug testing.
Preference may be given for applicants that have worked in a secure correctional facility.
Applicants must work rotating shifts which may include some holidays and weekends.
Recruiting for positions at both the Adult Detention Center - 3415 South 900 West and Oxbow 3148 South 1100 West.
Monitors and controls the security access and movements in, out and within the Jails.
Two (2) years of directly related experience. (Corrections, Security, Law Enforcement, Loss Prevention, Video Surveillance, Call Center)
Due to the nature of this position the successful applicant must pass a required background investigation.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Pass the Sheriff’s Office required Drug Test.
- Controls employee, prisoner, visitor, and volunteer, access to secure doors, booking and visiting areas, units, halls, and high traffic areas.
- Remotely monitors movement throughout jails, identifies emergency situations and calls for appropriate correctional and/or medical emergency response and expedites access through the Jail.
- Observes prisoners within common areas of housing units, Booking, Visiting, halls, and other areas of jails and secure exterior perimeters
- Responds to panel alarms, watch tour time outs, intercom communications with prisoners and staff; performs “all-calls” and remote lock down of unit or facility or facilitates emergency evacuations using override or manual protocols.
- Receives and dispatches information, requests, and instructions at the direction of supervisors or commanders to perform call out for specialized units.
- Observes and participates in testing controls for alarms, doors, and elevators and monitors electronic security systems for alarms and problems.
- Greets visitors and volunteers at Administration Desk, answers phones, compiles reports and assists public.
- Monitors and tests recording equipment for cameras; downloads and copies video.
- Monitors and controls radio traffic within facility, including shutting down non-emergency traffic during a crisis situation.
- Prepares daily logs and reports and enters information into databases to capture daily activities.