Material Handler IV - CP
Area of Interest:
• Lead and direct work of subordinates; execute department goals
• Interpret work order or oral instructions to determine materials required and maintain production schedule of product line assigned.
• Facilitate daily start up meetings
• Handle and transport materials to designated areas to maintain production flow.
• Count and/or weigh and record number of units moved or handled and maintian cycle counts and reconcile results to ensure accurate inventory records.
• Supply data to production control on material availabilty and/or conditions affecting production continuity.
• Perform other duties as assigned by inventory control manager or supervisor.
• Maintain product identification per Plant/ISO standards.
• Use computer programs to determine material requirements and stocking locations. Print Bom's and production schedule. Complete adjustments and other transactions (issues, receipts, cycle counts).
• Follow 5S principles.
• Take leadership role in small group activities and other MI 2000 initiatives.
• Responsible for the care of forklift and equipment (laptop) if provided.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to drive forklift
• Train and direct staff members
• 5 plus year warehouse or related experience
• Ability to understand orders and follow instructions
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing demands
• 18 months experience with BaaN
• Mid level computer and Microsoft Office Skills
• Able to interpret MRP transactions
• Good basic math skills
• Forklift licensed and other material handling equipment, steel cutters, crowbars, clawhammer, handtools.
HS Diploma or Equivalent required
• Lifting, Stooping, Carrying, Reaching, Grasping, Standing, Pushing, Pulling
Manufacturing; production plant
Responsible for providing instruction, job assignments, and assistance to designated line personnel. Also responsible for coordinating with personnel on safety procedures, quality issues and find ways to improve productivity. Able to read schedules. Plan, coordinate and expedite flow of materials, parts and assemblies within the Control Plant and from other departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules and administrate supervisor priorities. Communicate part shortages and or production delays to supervisor or group leader. Load, unload and move materials within plant to designated work areas, using electrical and gas powered material handling equipment. Keep record of material used per allocation of production schedule.