Broadcast Systems Engineer - Knoxville
Scripps Networks Interactive is a global media company and the Leader in Lifestyle Media. Our power-house brands -- HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country -- stimulate personal creativity, spark ingenuity and capture the joy of living richer and fuller lives. Whether remodeling a home, creating a meal or traveling the world, consumers know that life is celebrated on our channels. Join a company where committed, passionate people create some of the best loved and most respected brands in the business; brands that 170 million consumers connect with each month through unique, vibrant and engaging programming.
Cook with Us. Travel with Us. Make Your Home with Us.
We are looking for a Broadcast Systems Engineer in our Knoxville, TN office. This position requires the individual to work and be on call for day, evening and night shifts, as needed, to perform his/her duties. Travel is required, as needed, for training purposes.
- Maintain post production systems including Avid editors, shared storage and production asset management tools and graphics workstations, shared storage and graphics workflows
- Maintain video transcoding systems and workflows for our Media Logistics department and provide technical support and troubleshooting for related broadcast equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot, repair, replace, configure and upgrade software that guides user interface as well as automate the functioning of video and audio components (e. g. , signal routing, device remote control, closed caption encoding, downstream keys, network changeover switching, network monitoring)
- May participate in troubleshooting and maintaining non-broadcast software and hardware equipment such as network quality control or duplication department hardware and software
- Maintain required records of equipment maintenance repair and upgrades and may recommend test equipment, parts and related tools for use in maintenance and repair
- May assist in testing new equipment and escalate equipment performance and diagnostic issues requiring attention of more senior personnel
- Implement activities that generally impact discrete components and processes of the work of own technical unit/team/projects
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA or Associates Degree preferred
- Direct experience can be used for college credit
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities and demonstrates proficiency in most and in-depth specialization in some, technical concepts and related processes
- Basic knowledge of hardware and software system configuration and familiarity with signal flow within in broadcast facility
- Basic understanding of broadcast electronics, broadcast rules and regulations and in maintenance, usage, and design of technical broadcast equipment
- Some experience in responding to operational/technical equipment problems
Computer / Technical:
- Avid experience is essential for this role. Avid Certified Service Representative certification is preferred
- Graphics experience with Adobe applications and video transcoding systems experience