Social Media Manager - New York
Scripps Networks Interactive is a global media company and the Leader in Lifestyle Media. Our power-house brands -- HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country -- stimulate personal creativity, spark ingenuity and capture the joy of living richer and fuller lives. Whether remodeling a home, creating a meal or traveling the world, consumers know that life is celebrated on our channels. Join a company where committed, passionate people create some of the best loved and most respected brands in the business; brands that 170 million consumers connect with each month through unique, vibrant and engaging programming.
Cook with Us. Travel with Us. Make Your Home with Us.
Scripps Networks Interactive is seeking a Social Media Manager to join the Food Network Digital team. This highly visible role will implement the brand's social media strategy by overseeing the day-to-day operations and community management of the very active Food Network social media platforms.
- Create an exciting and valuable content experience for community across multiple platforms and brand/show pagesthrough the daily social media editorial calendar
- Grow and foster engaged social media communities while supporting the Food category in achieving business objectivesand monitor, respond to and moderate social media conversations on managed platforms
- Commit portion of some evenings (~1/week) to creating social media conversation in conjunction with key showsand develop relationships with social media vendors and platform contacts
- Track, analyze, optimize and report on social media programs to help meet objectives
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders (e.g., Digital, Marketing, PR, Business Development, Ad Sales, etc.) to:
- Develop strategies, tactics and editorial calendars to support business priorities in social media; advise on social media integrations into business priorities
- Oversee social media products available for sponsorship, including calendar, creative execution and reporting and procure unique content to support social media efforts and initiatives
- Share community feedback, identify potential issues, manage day-to-day responses, as well as strategize for long-term issues management
- Collaborate with FoodNetwork.com product, project and design teams to manage social media asset requests and implement social media integrations
- Support teams managing social media for emerging Food Category brands including Cooking Channel and Food.com with educational materials, reports and strategic counsel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Active and engaged participant in social media(provide links)
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr etc.)
- Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends, innovations and best practices
- Solid understanding of digital content, communication and marketing principles
- Experience with photo editing software such as Photoshop and basic design capabilities for social media
- Familiarity with web and social media analytics (Omniture, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc.)
- Highly creative, strategic thinker with ability to develop fresh, executable ideas that support Food Category initiatives
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of social media / community management experience